So far in June, I've run traps on 16 nights. The 22W/20W Synergetic/Actinic combo has been out on every one of those nights, and the 125W MV has gone out on five nights. And it's been a very productive month so far indeed:
- 199 species recorded to the traps, plus one recorded in the garden by day = 200sp.
- four species pending (2x 'Acleris schalleriana', 2x 'Acleris laterana/comariana', Exotelia dodecella and Hoary Footman, of which the last two would be garden firsts
- five species confirmed new to the garden: Luquetia lobella, Cydalima perspectalis, Chimney Sweeper, Grass Rivulet and Red-necked Footman
- max. total 465 of 104sp. on 21/06 (both traps run)
- max. single trap total 316 of 93sp. on 19/06 (22W/20W Synergetic/Actinic trap)
- 2691 individual moths recorded in the traps (excluding the pending species)
- no attempt to separate aggegated Oligia spp. and Daggers
- no attempt to collect Cnephasia spp. or Coleophora spp. for det.
Large Twin-spot Carpet
And here's one that only a few days ago I mentioned rarely turns up in anything but knackered condition - well it's not perfect but a damned sight better than the last!
Here's a really common one, but in an uncommon guise ...
A dark Dark Arches
And here's one in both a typical white-ish form and a darker greyer form .....