Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Thursday 11 April 2013

Moths - in the garden!

Finally managed a bit of garden moth activity, though I've only been running the 80W/11W Actinic/CFL combo. Last night was the first reasonable count though - just 29 of 10sp. Only surprise was the second garden record of Apple Leaf Skeletoniser - one I've potted to try and get a shot if it lasts till I get a chance.

I did lazily point the Lumix at a few this morning, see the 1000 in 1kmsq blog for a few more.

Hebrew Character

Common Quaker

Total catch 10/04/2013
0389  Apple Leaf Skeletoniser (Choreutis pariana)  1 (NFY)
0688  Agonopterix heracliana  2
0695  Agonopterix alstromeriana  1 (NFY)
1524  Emmelina monodactyla  2
1746  Shoulder Stripe (Anticlea badiata)  2
2182  Small Quaker (Orthosia cruda)  1 (NFY)
2187  Common Quaker (Orthosia cerasi)  13
2188  Clouded Drab (Orthosia incerta)  4
2190  Hebrew Character (Orthosia gothica)  2
2243  Early Grey (Xylocampa areola)  1 (NFY)

2 comments:

abbey meadows said...

I wish I could catch 29 of 10 species! Still winter up here.

Bennyboymothman said...

Of all places!
Well dne, that is a very respectable catch, I don't think I wouldf get Shoulder-stripe in my garden and as for C.pariana....never seen it and as far as I am aware there has only been 3 records in Hertfordshire to date.