Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Friday 29 July 2011

Great Garden Ticks

A late post as I'm away from home at the moment - using a slow connection on a laptop without the right software. Before I left home though I grabbed a few shots which I'll post here now and replace with properly edited versions when I get home. The garden traps were pretty good last night - especially so as I picked up a completely unexpected garden macro tick, and a really well marked tortrix that had me going but turned out to be not so exciting in the end.

First up the macro tick - a worn individual with a slightly deformed right forewing, but just about recognisable as a Barred Rivulet. Excellent.


And the well marked tortrix - a Cnephasia longana. All of the individuals I have previously seen were of the plain buffy/yellow form.


Also worth mentioning there was a smart tiny Nepticulid that I got a shot of (just about) but haven't resolved the ID and may never be able to.



Here's a few others I snapped.

Batrachedra praeangusta

Eucosma campoliliana

Euzophera pinguis

Clay

Least Yellow Underwing

Orange Swift

3 comments:

Bennyboymothman said...

Nice Barred Rivulet! gah I must look out for this, i've seen a few worn Large Twin-spot Carpets lately (that looked on the small side) hmmm hope I haven't overlooked this!

Skev said...

Quite a big size difference Ben between Barred Rivulet and typical carpets - sure you would'nt miss it.

Bennyboymothman said...

Good call, i'm not that newbie :p but will kep an eye out you never know!

You trapping again tonight?