Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Monday 30 August 2010

Warwick Castle, 29/08/2010

Can't find my Photoshop discs (which were blagged anyway) - temporarily I've downloaded Elements 8 as a fully functional 30 day trial. So far I don't like it - can't find everything I used before like Lab Colour mode for unsharpening light/dark edges before resizing.

Had a great day out today at Warwick Castle. Haven't been before and didn't really know what to expect, but there was plenty to see and do and we'll definitely go again some time. Fecking expensive day out though unless (like we did) you manage to get free day passes through Tesco points or similar.

Took the new camera and I've sorted a small selection of shots using the aforementioned Elements. I've posted to Flickr and have linked here so I can check what they look like on various monitors etc and see if I need to change my approach. Any comments gratefully received.

First up, a few general shots of the castle itself:

Warwick Castle

Warwick Castle

Warwick Castle

Warwick Castle

Warwick Castle

Warwick Castle

Warwick Castle

And here's a few of the (big) stars of the 'Falconry' display:

Bald Eagle
Adult Bald Eagle - immense

Bald Eagle
Imm Bald Eagle - just had a bath

White-tailed Eagle
Adult White-tailed Eagle - barn door

Palm Nut Vulture
Imm Palm Nut Vulture - dainty and a bit ugly

Black-chested Buzzard-eagle
Black-chested Buzzard-eagle - really smart

No comments: