Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Saturday 27 February 2010

Miserable

What a shite day. Nichola was working, leaving me with the boys on a day when even pseudo-birding was not an option. I then had a call to go into work briefly to resolve an issue, and we had a few mundane things to sort out. By the lack of blog updates over there on the right early this evening, seems everyone had a rubbish day.

The only glimmer of hope was that despite the forecast impending weather doom, the latter part of the afternoon was actually quite still, dry and mild with a good cloud covering. I decided that even if it was only for a few hours, I'd get the actinic out .....

2 x 40W actinic U-tubes - a great trap in the right conditions/location.

Within an hour of darkness, it started raining .......

2 comments:

Bennyboymothman said...

Utter blocks! I hate when it pours down once you've set-up.

I left mine out in the rain once (the Actinic that is) i've been told that it is fine to leave out in wet weather as it doesn't burn hot.

All the best for next time!

I've just got home to find two micros on my sheet that have come to the 40w Actinic......identification time!!

Skev said...

Yes Ben - no problem leaving an actinic in the rain, and my garden MV has survived innumerable downpours over the years (there is a perspex disc over the vanes). Only problem is that the trap catches the rain and the eggtrays get knackered, aswell as a few moths.

Main problem tonight is that there is pretty much zero chance of a catch in the garden in worsening conditions.