Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Wednesday 12 August 2009

Superb Tits

Very pleased this evening - nice garden tick in the form of a cracking Marsh Tit hanging off me nuts. As soon as I saw it I rushed to get the camera and managed a few shots though the window. I was pretty confident that it was a Marsh, but wanted to try and get a closer shot so after a few minutes I edge my way out of the back door. At that point it decided to flit into cover and call, clinching the ID. Marsh Tit On me nuts Pit-chou to you aswell As soon as I was in the garden it was clear that the Marsh was loosely associating with a tit flock comprising c10 Long-taileds, c5 Blues and a couple of Greats. Extremely fidgety and constantly moving Long-tailed Tits

2 comments:

Stewart said...

Like your tits Skev, but that chocolate tip is the man....

Skev said...

Yep - Chocolate-tip is definitely one of my favourites.