Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Classic Tracks

In this new irregular feature, I'm going to highlight a particular track that I reckon stands the test of time and that would happily sit in anyones music collection. Okay, not quite everybody, I guess I mean those who are 40 something +/- 10 years who actually listen to music.

First up is 'Echo Beach' by Martha and the Muffins, a quite brilliant piece of post-punk new-wave type stuff from 1980. This is despite the dodgy band name, and the opening lyric being "I know it's out of fashion, and a trifle uncool".





I reckon this is a prime example of a classic track - tell me if you think I am wrong.

3 comments:

The Drunkbirder said...

Can't fault it. Great single, a perfect 7"!

Russ Malin said...

Agreed. A great tune. One of my faves is Cry Boy Cry by Blue Zoo - Remember that one?

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, good to meet you last night...at last.