Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Saturday 14 February 2009

All in

I've got a screaming hangover this morning after too much dry cider and a drop of Aberlour single malt last night around a poker table. I was playing with five work colleagues, and we had a great laugh over the course of four hours or so. We all bought in with a tenner, playing in a tournament format with raising blinds. We started with 2000 chip value, but at one point I was down to 240 all in - and then 480 all in on the next hand. Having survived this lull, I then managed to blag a few more hands to the point where I was sitting on 7000 odd chips and facing heads-up play. By this time though, we were all feeling a bit bladdered and our host's family was no doubt getting a bit tired of the raucous and loud banter. So, we agreed to split the pot two ways - I got my tenner back and a £20 payout. Here's to the next game ...

No comments: