Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Tuesday 1 July 2008

Golfing

I play golf only very occasionally, and only in the summer months when the longer nights make after-work play possible. At most I play maybe five or six rounds in a good summer (none at all last year!) As you'd expect, my standard of play is not exactly up to par and is unlikely to improve dramatically with such sparse effort. I played a round at Kirby Golf Club last Wednesday night, scoring (badly) in the Stableford format. This is a nice course though it's members only (I got signed in through work). Whilst I don't take the golf seriously, I do like getting around the courses - always some good wildlife opportunites. Great Spotted and Green Woodpeckers were both noisily present during this round, and a fox nonchalontly ambled behind one tee. The main reason for playing was because I have a corporate golf day coming up at The Belfry! I shall be hacking around both of the professional courses (The PGA National and The Brabazon) on that day - I'd better take a lot of balls!

No comments: