Birds, Leps, Observations & Generalities - the images and ramblings of Mark Skevington. Sometimes.

Thursday 27 March 2008

Swithland revisited & dipping Pipit

Nipped back to Swithland Res. today, albeit with Josh and Alex in tow to get some fresh air. I had another half-arsed look at the Lesser Scaup (still distant whilst I was there), managed a quick scan to confirm that I could no longer see any Scoters, picked up a Peregrine in the usual tree and noted a pair of Grey Wagtails that appeared to be preparing to breed. However the main focus for me today was moths - unfortunately they were not aware and I failed to pick up any Orange Underwings during the brief sunny spells. Plenty of Dahlica lichenella and Dahlica triquetrella on the walls by the water tower on the dam, and a few Taleporia tubulosa, Psyche casta and Coleophora serratella on the Kinchley Lane walls. I also found a roosting Small Quaker on the dam. We then moved on to Cossington Meadows seeing as the Water Pipit had been seen again. There was one flighty Little Egret, five Redshank but (again for me) no sign of the Pipit. I'm not bothering again with this bloody pipit - fecking thing is never about when I've looked.

No comments: